One to One Dog Training Courses
At The Way of the Dog Ltd we favour a one-to-one approach to dog training. We do so because we believe that this is the most productive way to mentor, support, and advance you and your dog. Your respective individual learning and development are our distinct priority. We identify with your personal aims and objectives and we help you achieve them.
Why choose one-to-one dog training with The Way of the Dog Ltd?
- Individual learning styles are accommodated, and teaching is delivered accordingly.
- The positive development of individual skills and understanding is supported.
- The dog and owner are given exclusivity and full engagement.
- A safe learning environment is formed preventing potential barriers to learning.
- The pace of dog training is tailored to match your personal needs, abilities, and requirement.
- Specific breed traits are accommodated, with training being appropriate for the drive and motivation of your dog.
What is our approach to dog training?
Dog training with The Way of the Dog Ltd is balanced and measured and is focused on supporting and nurturing a positive learning environment. We routinely adopt a positive and intelligent approach that is based on both the dog and client learning and enjoying themselves. We identify with your aims and objectives and support you to achieve them.
Our methods and approaches may vary depending on the individual needs and motivations of the dog. Notwithstanding, we are always ethical and always transparent ensuring that the welfare of both dog and client are uppermost in our minds. We always consider the character and temperament of the dog, leading and handling the dog intelligently.
We are highly experienced and successful in working with the full spectrum of guardian breeds. However, we do not use any equipment that is aversive in nature and designed to inflict pain on your dog. We forge healthy relationships and not relationships based on fear.
The Way of the Dog Ltd adopts a wholly inclusive approach to training and supports the individual needs of our clients.
What do our one-to-one dog training programmes focus on?
Our one-to-one dog training programmes focus on the following;
- The development of the dog’s response reliability.
- The promotion of engagement and focus.
- The building of stimulus and impulse control.
- The growth of empowerment.
In simple terms, we support you to grow as one.
How is our dog training delivered?
For an enriching learning experience and for the purposes of increasing the likelihood of a successful outcome we enlist clients for an initial 4 x 1-hour sessions (this is a minimum requirement).
Following the 4 session package clients are invited to book hourly training sessions.
We work outdoors so that you and your dog can learn in the environment where dog control is a necessity, so that you are safe, responsible, and happy.
We look forward to working with you and advancing your knowledge and handling skills.
Want to know more about TWOTD?
At The Way of the Dog, we believe that all members of the dog industry should be open and honest about their qualifications, experience and knowledge to provide current and prospective clients with the information needed to make an informed decision on who they want to handle their dog. Find out about The Way of the Dog, Shaun and his approach to dog behaviour and training by visiting the pages below.